WOMEN, INFANTS, CHILDREN (WIC)
The Women, Infants, Children (WIC) program provides nutrition and breastfeeding services and supplemental foods to pregnant women, mothers, infants and children up to their 5th birthday. Our offices offer a wide-array of nutrition education, personalized breastfeeding support, and referrals to other public health programs.
What to bring to appointment?
For everyone, you need either a Birth Certificate, Driver’s License, Crib Card, or Medicaid Card. Current photo ID required of adult participants, endorsers, and proxies.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Current bill, rental agreement, or bank statement with street address on it. No PO Boxes
PROOF OF INCOME
Pay stubs showing gross household income for last 30 days or current Medicaid Card.
Records for all children.
Which services are included?
NUTRITION & HEALTH
- Individual nutrition counseling.
- Counseling for special dietary needs.
- Promotes healthy food choices.
- Teaches the relationship between nutrition and good health.
- Provides education on prenatal nutrition, infant feeding, breastfeeding, meal planning, and shopping on a budget.
REFERRALS & OTHER SERVICES
- Provides individuals with referrals to medical care services.
- Immunizations, substance abuse counseling, healthcare coverage, car seats, and more.
- Access to local breastfeeding and lactation educators on site.
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- Breastfeeding Aids (i.e. pump)
- Referrals to breastfeeding resources.
- In-person Support Group
For breastfeeding services, call or text (435) 669-8368.