POSITION: WATER LAB TECHNICIAN
Location: St. George Office
Closes: March 13, 2018
For Job Description Click HERE
To Apply Click HERE
Performs a variety of duties related to the knowledge of aseptic sampling procedures and basic sample handling procedures; understanding of chain-of-custody and laboratory safety protocol; and the ability to operate sensitive electronic equipment in performing colorimetric analytical procedures.
- Analyze water samples
- Record analytical results using internet-based software
- Collect swimming pool samples
- Perform water sample analyses
- Assist Environmental Health personnel in performing laboratory functions
- Ensure samples are stored, transported, and submitted to lab properly
- Extensive travel (driving) throughout Washington County may be required as part of main functions
- Capable of entering lab sample data accurately on lab reports and using department software
- Participate in Department emergency preparedness drills as needed
This position works around 10-20hrs a week with a daily AFTERNOON schedule.
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and 8 semester hours in Biology, Microbiology, or Chemistry from an accredited university or college
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
May be required to stay at or return to work during public health incidents and/or emergencies to perform duties specific to this classification or to perform other duties as requested in an assigned response position. This may require working a non-traditional work schedule or working outside normal assigned duties during the incident and/or emergency.
* A pre-employment background check will be conducted on the selected candidate.
The posting will close at midnight on 3/13/18