- International Travel Clinic
International & COVID-19 Travel Resources
- Utah Department of Health (Travel Guidance – LINK)
- FREE COVID-19 Testing for Travelers (Dixie State College – LINK)
Note: Select the St George, 610 S Tech option.
- CDC (Travel Requirements – LINK)
- IATA Travel Centre (Search Travel Requirements by Location – LINK)
About Our Travel Clinic
The International Travel Clinic administers travel vaccines and provides expert travel advice including your pre-travel counseling session.
Vaccines can help reduce your concern about needing health care in a foreign country. Out of 30 million Americans who travel abroad each year, approximately 8 million will be traveling to lesser-developed countries where the incidence of tropical and infectious diseases is high. Almost 2 million U.S. travelers are exposed to malaria each year which can have life-threatening risks.
- Plan ahead, most vaccines take at least 2-4 weeks before becoming effective!
- Medications may be prescribed for the prevention of malaria, motion sickness, altitude sickness, and traveler’s diarrhea.
- Post-travel referrals are available to returning travelers who develop a travel related illness.
- Low or no cost immunizations may be available for those who qualify. We bill “most” major insurance companies. (Click here for a list of insurances we accept.)
- If you are a minor, a parent or legal guardian MUST accompany you to your consultation with us.
Pre-Travel Consultation (Required for all travelers.)
We recommend having your consultation 4-6 weeks prior to your travel departure date. For groups larger than 3, please call ahead (435) 673-3528 to discuss the consultation with a travel nurse. During a pre-travel consultation with our travel nurse, clients are provided with country specific verbal information, as well as printed fact sheets containing the most accurate status of active health risks, basic country specifics, and U.S. State Department Advisories for each destination they plan to visit. Our database of over 200 countries is updated weekly from information compiled by the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), thus ensuring each traveler receives current data specifically for their planned itinerary.
What to bring with you to your appointment:
1. Current Photo ID
2. Insurance Card (if applicable)
3. List of Medications (you are currently taking, including over-the-counter)
4. Current Immunizations Record
5. Your Complete Travel Itinerary (including dates)
$65 International Travel Consultation w/Prescriptions (one person)
$240 International Travel Consultation (four people, each additional person $25/each)
Our clinic is an authorized Yellow Fever Vaccination site.
We also provide all currently available vaccines for domestic and international travel needs:
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B
- Immune Globulin
- Japanese Encephalitis (if available)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Meningococcal Meningitis
- Pneumococcal Pneumonia
- Pre-exposure Rabies
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
- Typhoid Fever (available at St. George, Cedar & Kanab offices)
- Yellow Fever (available at St. George, Cedar & Kanab offices)
- Zostavax (Shingles)