International Travel Clinic
Traveling outside the U.S. for business or pleasure? Going on a church or humanitarian mission?
Plan ahead, since most vaccines take at least two to four weeks before becoming effective.
Our International Travel Clinic can help keep your dream vacation from becoming a nightmare by providing the medication and expert travel advice you need. Immunizations can also help reduce your concern about needing health care in a foreign country. Out of 30 million Americans who travel abroad each year, approximately 8 million will be traveling to lesser-developed countries where the incidence of tropical and infectious diseases is high. Almost 2 million U.S. travelers are exposed to malaria each year. Many of these people are not warned about malaria’s life-threatening risks.
The travel health specialists at the International Travel and Immunization Clinic provide prospective travelers with pre-travel counseling along with immunizations and medications needed to stay healthy while traveling abroad. Post-travel referrals are also available to returning travelers who develop a travel related illness.
During a pre-travel consultation with our R.N. travel specialist, clients are provided with country specific verbal information, as well as printed fact sheets containing the most accurate status of active health risks, basic country specifics, and U.S. State Department Advisories for each destination they plan to visit. Our database of over 200 countries is updated weekly from information compiled by the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), thus ensuring each traveler receives current data specifically for their planned itinerary.
The Travel and Immunization Clinic is an official state licensed yellow fever vaccination site and, in addition, we can provide all currently available vaccines for domestic and travel needs. Medications may also be prescribed for the prevention of malaria, motion sickness, altitude sickness, and traveler’s diarrhea.
Our staff also provides you with the health and safety information you need for each place you plan to visit.
Low or no cost immunizations for those who qualify. We bill most major insurance companies. See list of accepted insurances HERE.
To save time print and complete the Intake Form and watch the International Travel Education Videos below prior to your visit
We offer the following immunizations:
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B
- Immune Globulin
- Japanese Encephalitis (if available)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Meningococcal Meningitis
- Pneumococcal Pneumonia
- Pre-exposure Rabies
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis
- Typhoid Fever (available at St. George, Cedar & Kanab offices)
- Yellow Fever (available at St. George, Cedar & Kanab offices)
- Zostavax (Shingles)
- International Travel Consultation: $65
- Group Rate (4 people): $240 ($25 for each additional person)
- Humanitarian Consultation: $50
- Humanitarian Consultation (no prescriptions): $25
- Prescription Renewal: $25 (must have had travel consultation with the same itinerary at one of our offices within the last year)
What to bring to your traveling consultation
- Your current photo ID and Insurance card
- List of medications you are currently taking (including over-the counter)
- Current Immunization Record
- Travel dates and complete Itinerary
- Completed travel intake form
- To speed up your visit please watch our International Travel Education Videos