https://swuhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/logo1.jpg 0 0 Ashley H. https://swuhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/logo1.jpg Ashley H.2020-04-14 13:32:302020-04-20 15:14:07Gymnasiums & Fitness Centers
Guidance for Gymnasiums & Fitness Centers
Updated April 20, 2020
Utah’s State Public Health Directive recommends that individuals avoid the businesses & services listed above until further notice. If these businesses and services remain open, they should follow these guidelines:
- Management should ensure, on a daily basis and at the beginning of each shift, that no employee who presents symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (such as fever, chills, cough, sneezing with nasal discharge, shortness of breath) will be permitted to work. Employees who appear to have any symptoms upon arrival to work or during the work day should be sent home immediately.
- Patrons should be screened by phone and/or in-person prior to entering the establishment, and should not be allowed to enter if any of the symptoms listed above are present.
- Management should only allow 1 individual per 100 square feet and ensure at least 10 feet of separation in all directions between patrons.
- No team or group activities should be allowed.
- Locker rooms and showers should not be used. Use of toilets, urinals, and sinks is allowed.
- No sign-in sheets or touch pads should be required for entry.
- It is strongly recommended that individuals over the age of 60 or who are immuno-compromised not use the facility.
- It is strongly recommended that all employees and patrons wear a non-surgical mask or face covering that completely covers the nose and mouth whenever possible.