Public health agencies are closely monitoring an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus (COVID-19) that was first detected in China in December 2019 and continues to expand in a growing number of countries, including the United States. COVID-19 was declared a pandemic on March 11th, 2020.
Visit our main COVID-19 page for the latest updates and case counts at swuhealth.org/covid.
- 03/24/2020 Utah’s Plan for Health and Economic Recovery
- 03/23/2020 Public schools to remain closed until May 1st, distance learning to continue
- 03/21/2020 State Public Health Order (Revised) for restaurants, gatherings, individuals, & businesses
- 03/18/2020 Utah issues new isolation orders for 2 weeks (no dining in at restaurants, no gatherings over 10, no visits to nursing homes, people over 60 should avoid contact with others, avoid non-essential travel).
- 03/17/2020 The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America (“15 Days to Slow the Spread”)
- 03/13/2020 Utah’s public schools dismissed for 2 weeks
- 03/12/2020 Announcements for Utah (Limits on large gatherings/long-term care restrictions/telework/college closures)
- 03/11/2020 SWUPHD NEWS RELEASE (COVID-19 Update for Southwest Utah)
- 03/06/2020 SWUPHD/UDOH NEWS RELEASE (COVID-19 Patient Released from Hospital)