Car Seat Classes
Increasing the safety of our children
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death of children age 1 - 14. With this in mind the department has focused majority of its efforts in child passenger safety, by providing FREE regular child passenger safety classes. These safety classes are focused on the proper use of child restraints; car seats, booster seats, and safety belts. Parents and caregivers are taught how to ensure installation and use of child passenger safety. Five county residents attending the course are eligible for a low cost car seat. Child passenger safety class schedule is below. This training will help answer the following questions.
- What child restraint system is right for my child?
- How do I adjust a a child restraint system to properly fit my child?
- How do I properly install a car seat in my vehicle?
- What is better safest system to secure my child's car seat, using the anchor or the seat belt?
- How long should my child be in a booster seat?
Washington County Schedule (View)
Iron County Schedule (View)
Pre-registration is required for all classes. See Schedule for details.
Remember its the Law to Boost Your Child 'Til 8
Utah's law now state that children under the age of 8 of 57 inches must be in a booster seat. This law is designed to protect young children in the event of an injury.
To read more about the requirements you can download the following questions and answer form designed to help parents and caregivers better understand their responsibility under this new law.